SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ravencajun

A small triumph

Y'all know how much I love my fantasy brown quartzite countertops. I was devastated about losing them. I called my wonderful granite guy Matt and asked him if there was a way to save them. He said we can absolutely try to and he still has the remainder of the slab he made mine from so if there is a break he could possibly fix it. They came out yesterday and they were successful! They got everything off with no breakage! I am so happy about that! A huge amount of money will be saved. I also got my cabinets from him and he still has all of the measurements and information to order exactly what we had before. They even saved my big sink and faucet.

The bad news is every appliance is fried and so are the air conditioning units which were brand new.

The group from the southern Baptist convention showed up in force and took over the clean up of the house. My husband is in bad shape he was trying to do too much alone. He actually broke down crying when they told him they would take care of this and us. It was pretty miraculous how it came about. They have been there every day and will stay until everything is stripped from the house. They will also take care of treating the entire house with the mold prevention chemicals. This is a huge savings for us.

All of these good thoughts, prayers, positive thoughts etc are definitely at work!

The adjuster for the flood insurance company is coming tomorrow to assess the house and then we will know more what we will get. We are hoping for a buyout.

I have been looking at new scooters! I am still using the borrowed wheelchair here.

The rv insurance has determined the rv is totalled. They have issued a check for the contents coverage, our personal belongings in the rv at the time. Today we should hear from them their evaluation. As soon as they issue the check to us we can start looking for a new one and move it either to our driveway or an rv park near here. Both vehicles have been totalled but no one has been over yet, they did it by photo and depth of the water.

The lady we are staying with left for Boston this morning to have her husband's ashes put in the family mausoleum and have a service. So we have the house to our selves. That will be nice. I am usually alone and we are quite people. She is from Italy and is very expressive and loud lol. Very funny though with lots of stories. Amazing food we have been having.

Trying to keep our spirits up it's a day to day battle.

Thank you for helping us get through this again.

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!