SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

Painter pressure washed house exterior today

schoolhouse_gw
6 years ago

Called at 8:30a to say he was coming to wash down the house. I had an appt at 10am. Thankfully I made the quick decision to cover the air conditioning unit, take the cushions off the furniture on the back porch and put the patio umbrella that goes into the table there, in the garage.

Well, I came home at noon to paint chips EVERYWHERE. My front and part of my back yard looked as though there had been a snow storm, clear out to the edge of the road in some places. Chips all over my rose bushes, thick at the house foundation, all over both porches, front porch roof, garage roof, and part of the tarp had blown off the AC (even tho I anchored it with rocks) and he never bothered to pull it back so there was paint chips on it too. Not inside too much though.

What was I thinking? I knew there would be paint chips but not to this extent. So I went online quickly and typed in "how to clean up paint chips in yard". Blow-vac! So that's what I did, spent an hour and a half vacuuming up paint chips from the grass. It worked, but oh my back, had to rest about 10 times. I left the layers around the foundation because it looks as though he may still have to do some scraping and it will fall straight down. But I will put down tarps everywhere, even there maybe, IF he gives me plenty of notice. And if he had intended to come back and do clean up he could have called and left a message right?

Thanks for letting me rant.

Comments (9)