SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bernik

Need help with landscaping shady garden

6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Dear houzzers! I would like to ask some advice/ideas on how to landscape part of my garden which is mostly shade. Now we finish installation of fence and i am eager to plant some large items this fall already.

My goal is to put several berry plants, namely raspberry and blackberry. The rest I intend to give for decoration unless you know any other berry or tree that can be useful. Here is the pick from today.

Here i am planning to remove the shrub on the right upper corner of the photo and plant some blackberry their. This small part of garden get 4-5 hours of sun. On the right you can see 2 rised beds. One with strawberry, another gets around 3-4 hours and i have shade loving edible plants there. Both beds will stay.

What i want is

- to install the paved area in the middle with 2(stone?) benches on sides and something in the middle

- to install another rised bed to the left from the strawberry one

- to have some beds near fence, in this corner, see photo below.

- keep appearance clean and rather formal

My questions are

- i want some umbrella or ball shaped tree in the corner. Do you think it will work? or better to have a pine? below the tree i want to plant various hostas. \

- on the bed i want to plant a shrub that will show some color in fall. Any suggestions?

- on the bed i want to have some flowers but have no idea which ones...

- should i have 3d rised bed? to have some formal appearance i need to have 4 beds...

- where to plant raspberry? and how? in lines? in small groups?

I am from Slovenia. The temperatures are down to - 15C and up to 35C. The soil is poor and will replace it on the beds or add the compost, which is getting ready as you see from the photo.

Thank you in advance for your comments and advice.

Here are some other photos of the garden

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022