SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shebabee

Suggestions needed: Buff Beauty / Grandmother's Hat, and --

shebabee
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello, rosy people,

I hope you and your gardens, families, and kitties are all doing well.

A quick late-night question, as I'm hoping to get a chunk of gardening time over the long weekend and would love your ideas.

You may remember that I have a very very small urban garden space with a difficult exposure/limited sun. A chain-link fence runs the length of it. Almost all of my roses are young and currently in pots, but in the sunniest section of the bed, I have Buff Beauty at left, then an open space at right that might . . . be large enough for two more roses, and then further to the right, I have Grandmother's Hat (which is really living up to the hype!).

In terms of color (or other considerations you might think of), which rose(s) from my container ghetto would you suggest placing between BB and GH? Possibilities include:

Maggie; Joasine Hanet; William R. Smith; Dupuy Jamain; and Rhod. Jules Gravereaux. Also Talisman and Lady Ann Kidwell. My other roses I think I want to keep in pots for the time being and/or in the shadier areas as they are doing OK there and I want to save the best exposure for those that need it most.

Thank you,

Sheba

Comments (5)