SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_c

I thought they would all be safe...

marilyn_c
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Monday I posted about how happy I was that a kind lady offered me a place to move my horses until the flood passed. It was right down the road from me. I made pics but my service is lousy and I couldn't get them to post. Here they are....happy horses in green grass..

Yesterday, not 24 hours later, one had drowned and the others were struggling to keep their heads above water. This pic was posted on FB but I didn't know because my phone was dead and I couldn't get out of my house due to 6ft of water in my yard and 3 ft in my house. I thought they were all okay.

I will writethe story of how we rescued them in a different post. It's long.

Thanks to everyone's kind thoughts and prayers. It has been so stressful. We also lost Moses and Hobo, two very much loved donkeys, who drowned in their stalls in the barn. Amos, the other donkey, we were able to rescue, but barely made it in time. I do want you to know that Jody tried four times to get to the donkeys. The current was so strong, he couldn't make it.

The horse we lost was TueLo. She was the smallest and she wasn't doing well to begin with, but it breaks my heart that she went this way.

Other animals were lost. Not my dogs and cats, except one kitten, and I lost my baby squirrel, my two pigeons, and all my possums, except one. I had 10. I don't know about the pigs. I saw a few swimming. Awful. I also lost my koi and goldfish.

This is the pic someone posted on FB.

Comments (23)