SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
estherb2

Need some I.D. help, please

A local Big Box hardware store had some succulents planted up in these horrible non-porous, non-holed glass bottles. I winced to see it. Oh, and they had stuffed moss on top of the general-purpose potting soil they used. Perfect for succulents, right? It was no surprise that one of the 3 planted in this bottle was dying. I hastened to buy this bottle, getting it for half price due to the poor condition of the plants therein. A little TLC helped 2 of the plants within a couple of days. The third one is very iffy for survival, due to the lack of drainage in the original bottle container. I repotted it in succulent potting mix in a clay pot, but it may have just been damaged too much. We are hoping it recovers.

Meanwhile, here are pictures of that plant, which may be some sort of echeveria, and the healthiest plant from the bottle, which might be some sort of kalanchoe. What do YOU think I have here? I appreciate your help in IDing these plants!

Another view. Notice the fine faint green dots on the leaves.

Here's the one whose survival is iffy:

There is a waxy "frosting" on the leaves, and very tiny green dots or flecks on the few healthy leaves.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner