SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clcclc

Blank slate - I would LOVE any help and ideas! Overwhelmed!

CLC
6 years ago

We just moved into a new construction home and are quite overwhelmed with what to do with our landscaping! They will do our final grade this week and we are installing irrigation next week, so we need at least an overall general design to aid sprinkler placement.

We have some ideas of what we like, but are really struggling to get from point A to point B. I would GREATLY appreciate any help and all ideas!

We live in Minnesota, climate zone 4B.

We have a few "wish list" items so far:

- with long winters, we would like to incorporate some evergreens (maybe juniper type shrubs), so we have something to look at during the winter (other than barren branches). I love Norway Spruce and have always wanted one or two in my yard, but I just don't know where I should put one (might be better in the back?)

- we would prefer no arborvitae. Our last home had a lot of these and we are tired of them. I have also heard deer like them (and deer might be a concern in this area).

We are excited to move forward but feel totally stuck!

Thank you in advance for throwing out any suggestions what to do with this yard!

Here are some pictures taken from the front sidewalk (let me know if more photos or angles would be helpful).

Our neighbor will be putting an ornamental tree in this corner/knob of their edging around the porch; we want to be careful that we don't "mirror" what they are doing.

From other side of our porch; we will probably do shrubs all down the side (planning on 4 ft of river rock surrounding the entire house):

This is the most critical area --

Comments (6)