SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
estherb2

Space has been created in my garden! Dinky Donna or Picasso?

Esther-B, Zone 7a
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

While sitting on my porch crafting my anti-sparrow/squirrel Sluggo cages, I happened to glance at the brick/stone border edging of my garden on the back side. Figuratively scratching my head (my hands were full of hardware cloth and tin snips), I wondered WHY I had ended the garden 15" short of the sidewalk. What a waste, 15" of not-that-great crummy grass extending from the border wall to the sidewalk beside the porch. The mental wheels began to turn. I got up and moved the bricks and stone border to the sidewalk, and added a couple of extra bricks to make up the gap. Voila! I now have about 12" of open garden space adjacent to a thriving Dicentra plant and open on the other side by the brick/stone border.

After my initial salivation, I thumbed through hosta catalogs online and found 2 smallish hostas which caught my eye for this space, which is behind the Obligatory Bushes and would not be seen by anyone but myself and my neighbor. So I didn't want to use a spectacularly showy hosta like Paisley Print in this spot. My PP is off to the side for all to see.

Does anyone have experience with Dinky Donna or Picasso? Please inform me! Thanks.

Comments (17)