SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arkansas_girl

help me get this detergent from my clothing please! :(

arkansas girl
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I recently tried using CHEER free and gentle I think it's called. I always buy free and clear type detergents and have been fine since I once had a reaction to Gain in 2000. Never had an issue since then until now. I cannot seen to get all the Cheer from the clothing no matter how many times I wash my clothes. This is causing me to have hive, swollen eye lids and swollen lips. I am using All Free and Clear now because it's what I'd been using the most so I am using this. I had used Purex (which was another regular of mine) but wasn't having any luck with that so I tried to use All with the same results...it just isn't cutting that detergent from my clothing. The worst is around any waist band and under the arms, anywhere the clothing rubs me. If I can find a piece of clothing that was never washed in the Cheer, I can wear it without any issues but these are running out. Now it just seems like everything is making me itch around the waist band, I think that I'm contaminating my clothing with pieces of clothing that had been washed in Cheer.

Is there something that I could use to remove this detergent residue, something that is available in stores? BTW I cannot use Borax either. If I have to order something, I will, it would just be nice if I could get started right away...these hives are driving me crazy!

Let me add to this; I'm running these clothes through an extra wash with plain water. I have even taken my underwear and ran them through multiple plain HOT water washes with no detergent and it's still not getting it out.

Comments (62)