SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rantontoo

Painted and Stained Two-Toned Cabs: Wood and Painted Crown Meeting?

rantontoo
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

My kitchen planner is counseling against painted crown/mounding running into stained wood crown/mounding. My moulding will be flat not slanted/angled.

She wants us to do what she calls a tuxedo kitchen where all lowers will be stained and uppers in White Dove. The fridge and wall oven cabs would be white, and she wants to split the tall pantry cabs into stained lower, countertop with overhang and to-the-ceiling white cab on top of the granite to avoid stained and painted crown/molding meeting.

Splitting the pantry cabs with granite between will mean a granite seam in a run of buit-in hutch/buffet area sandwiched between 33" wide tall pantry cabs. I would like to avoid the seam and suggested staining the tall cabs and having white uppers in-between for the built-in hutch/buffet. She said it does not look "good" when painted crown/molding runs into the crown/molding of a stained tall cab like a reach in pantry or wall oven cab. The built-in upper hutch will be recessed.

I know people have shown kitchens where this was done, and I liked them. But I never paid attention to what it looked like when different mouldings met. Anyone have pictures to share?

Comments (6)