SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
satya_e_ping

Contractor/subcontractor ordered wrong cabinets

Tya
6 years ago

Having a huge dilemma. We discussed painted plywood kitchen cabinets with our general contractor from the beginning. He knew we did not want melamine/particle board cabinets EVER. He put us in contact with his cabinet guy subcontractor who worked with us on design and first meeting verified the product came in plywood option and we would get that. Second meeting to finalize cabinets and colors there was no mention again of plywood vs particle board.
He placed the order and sent the order to contractor to approve which contractor did. We never were given anything to approve.
Cabinets delivered and they are melamine particle board! Now subcontractor is saying we verbally agreed to change it (we did not and we never would) and contractor saying he wasn't apart of conversation so doesn't know what was agreed or not agreed on.
no one is taking responsibility but saying we cannot return the cabinets or we have to go to court. I mean if we had to go to court if definitely would not be our fault right? We've preached plywood from beginning but its a he said she said. I just don't know why we have to pay for someone else mistake

Comments (27)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County