SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zacharys

We, you won't hear me grousing about the cold for a while...

ZachS. z5 Platteville, Colorado
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

So I was mentioning to Skybird the other day in thr plant ID topic that we might have some news as far as moving.

Back in June I was doing my weekly job search and applied for several postions, none of which I expected to hear back from. Per usual almost all of them came back with the federal government's version of "its not you, its me", an email saying that I am "qualified and eligible, but not recommended for this position."

Except for one.

One never came back and instead I got an email about two weeks later asking if I was still interested in the position. I said I was and about a week or so after that I got a phone call asking for a reference list. So I sent one out. That was a Friday, and I don't work Mondays so Tuesday when I went in and one of my supervisors asked me "so, your applying for jobs eh? I talked to a guy at Stovepipe or something or whatever. Good for you." So then I called my other supervisor who was on a wildfire in Montana at the time and sure enough, he had talked to him as well.

Anyways, about a week after that he calls me again and we do a phone interview. Now I'm getting a litte excited, but still not really holding my breath. And after a week I start to wonder...no word, but this is the fed's and as I was told one time before "the wheels of government never stop turning, but they move a very slow speed." But, after two weeks I start to give up hope. So then my co worker and my boss tell me that I should email them and see whats going on and sure enough he emails me back and tells me that the HR person who is supposed to do all this stuff is on vaction and wont be back for another week. So more waiting.

So here we are, nearly two and a half months after applying for this job I finally get an email from HR with an official job offer from the National Parks Service. As long as I get a clean background check, starting in October we will be down in the beautiful (and not to mention WARM) Sonoran Desert for at least the next four years at at Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument.

So, next Memorial Day, when a spring snowstorm is dumping a foot of heavy wet white stuff, you will somehow have to do without my pissing and moaning. I know thats going to be tough. But, I will of course still be around here on RMA. Arizona is still technically in the "Rocky Mountain Region" after all and even NPS includes it with Colorado (and several other states) as part of their "Intermountain Region." So, you'll probably still be stuck with me hanging around, whether you want me or not haha.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County