SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imsum1

Can someone help me to visualize a concept??

sum1
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We are getting ready to embark on an addition possible remodel depending on if I can find a happy medium.. here's the situation,

We have a small ranch with an eat in kitchen, and want to expand off the rear to move the dining table out of the kitchen space and add an island for added work space.

We've also decided to get estimates on adding an attached 24 x24 garage on the kitchen side , this is where the decision gets confusing... my kitchen sink is on the end wall where the garage would be added, which has a window over it that im dreading losing... I feel silly allowing a window to create such an issue.

after discussing this with our contractor he suggested relocating the current kitchen into the rear addition so I might still have a window over the sink, at the same time I can update my aging cabinets... I recently updated the counters to quartz and installed my first tile back splash ( which I will lose if we relocate the kitchen ).. again seems like alot of headache for a window ,, new cabs sound good though : ).

anywho... I really cant visualize a new spot for the kitchen. I would LOVE any input anyone has besides suggesting I get my head examined for such window loyalty.. lol

I currently had the back wall of the addition to be a window wall with a palladium above and vaulted ceiling so I will still have light coming in, we have southern exposure on the rear of the house. thank you

kitchen · More Info
The window in causing the issue
Floor plan with proposed addition... sorry its kinda small let me know if i need to enlarge it

wall being removed for addition

Comments (12)