SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annab6_gw

Which option to pick and can someone with 3D software help visual

annab6
15 years ago

Most of our layout details have been ironed out. We even had electrical switches and outlets already inslalled. The cabinet installer came over today for the final measurement "with sheetrock".

But I am still agonizing over the final aesthetic choices. I really need some help to decide the cabinet sizes on the sink wall. The glass cabinet over the sink is 9" deep with the two adjacent cabinets 12" deep with a 3" clipped corners where they meet the middle cabinet. The three cabinets take up 90".

Here is option 1:

And Option 2:

The cabinets in "Option 1" are 25.5 / 39 / 25.5. Which after accounting for the inset doors and clipped corners translates to the following door sizes: 19.5 / 36 (double glass doors) / 19.5

The cabinets in "Option 2" are 30/30/30. Which translates to the following door sizes: 24 double / 27(double glass doors) / 24 double.

I sort of don't love either one because in option 1 the four doors seem too large and the 36" glass doors seem to be out of proportion with the 24" sink below. But in option 2 the six doors look too narrow and too busy (raised panel stained cabinets).

I thought about five doors (3 glass doors in the middle) but KD noted the middle door will have to have the handle either on the left or on the right which would not look right either.

We can't change any of the other adjacent cabinets since the base cabs under those fit garbage, sink and dishwasher "just right" (and the electrical is already done too), so we are playing only with these three.

Just in case, here is the floor plan with option 2:

Which one to go with? Am I overthinking this?

Unfortunately my KD doesn't have a program which would allow her to display inset doors so the ones on the pictures are a little larger than they would be in reality. She also can't display it in color. If possible, I would really appreciate if someone with a 3d program available could help me visualize these options.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm