SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nanreno14

Make Final Appliance Choices....really, no more research and pondering

nanreno14
6 years ago

Hi All,

I've been reading and researching and just can't seem to pull the trigger. I'm set on a Miele combi steam oven. My original plan was to pair that with the latest Miele convection oven. Then I realized that the latest oven provides a burst of steam, and I'm wondering if that will be overkill, given that I will have the CSO. Because Miele is offering a 10% discount, I've looked at the 36" range top. I saw some reviews however that indicate that the knobs can become difficult to turn, and that igniting the burners can take 7 to 15 clicks which seems like it might be a PITA - especially for DH. That got me looking at other range tops, - Blue Star and Wolf. Also looking at induction although DH is a bit tentative about making the leap. My only hang up on the induction is that I would like to do wok cooking but it's not the primary focus of my cooking so I'm guessing I could use a flat bottom wok and be successful. On the cooktop/range top, I typically sear/cook meat, do some braising, lots of breakfast stuff, soups, pasta dishes, sautéed foods, sauces, gravy and some light frying like chicken cutlets. In the ovens I roast meats, bake squashes and potatoes, roast veggies, and cook fish in various forms. My daughter is over frequently and likes to bake pies. I'm not much of a baker but hope to get into baking breads with my new oven/s.

I know these issues have all been covered but hoping to have some current feedback. Specifically

- Are the Miele range top issues really a deal breaker?

- If I stay with gas, should I select another range top and/or go open burner?

- Should we just take the plunge and go induction? We have a gas grill/burner outdoors but live in a four season climate.

- Is the CO with burst of steam overkill since I have the CSO? I could go one level down, still get the Master Chef stuff without the burst of steam and save $1K. I could also go to the direct select model without master chef and save about $2K. Appliance store recommended keeping Master Chef.

- Finally, I'm looking at saving a few $ off the appliances by going with a Liebherr built-in fridge. Any horror stories or votes against this idea?

Look forward to any and all comments. Thanks so much!!

Comments (12)