SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliezlat

Help Making Final Soapstone Decision!

juliezlat
10 years ago

After months of research and scouring our area for slabs, we're down to two. I've loved the look of all soapstone and didn't really have a preference all along, I just thought I'd know it when I saw it. Unfortunately, that isn't happening as easily as I thought it would.

The first slab is from Green Mountain, and I don't even know the name of it (the fabricator doesn't know). It has more green than I was envisioning having in our kitchen, and it's pretty dramatic, but the more I look at the pictures, the more I think I like it. I think it will probably be a harder soapstone because it has so much green in it.

The second slab is just a "Brazilian soapstone", but if I had to name it, I would say it's Barocca. I do have concerns about the softness of this one, and although it's a very "traditional" looking soapstone (and one that I've posted many pictures of on Houzz), now, compared to the other slab, I feel like it's almost a little boring...?

I'm just all over the pace and would appreciate any votes or suggestions!

Ok, I can't figure out how to add more than one photo, so I'm posting the one from Green Mountain!

Comments (56)