SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
party_music50

'Gala'/other fundraiser ideas?

party_music50
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi! This all started with me planting a peach tree 7 years ago... I had peaches for the first time this year -- bushels of peaches! I've been taking them to a local 'Loaves and Fishes' soup kitchen / outreach center and this past Saturday I happened to meet the Executive Director there. It turns out that he worked for my father many years ago, so there was an instant connection and I found myself volunteering to help them. I mentioned my vocation and before I knew what was happening, he was telling me I was taking over their social media and marketing. They need help. lol!

They started operating at the end of 2013 and apparently haven't tried much with any significant community fundraisers -- he said they tried a golf event last year but it didn't work out (I never heard about it!). He said they'd like to try a 'gala event' this year, so I've been doing on-line research and emailed him several ideas. I'm just wondering if anyone has seen or heard of an unusual/fun/popular 'gala' or other type fundraising idea that would be especially appropriate to their mission. Re 'soup kitchen' fundraisers, I have heard of events where handmade pottery mugs come with your meal, but I don't believe we'd find a source for something like that. In addition to providing food, they offer programs to encourage self-sufficiency and improve the quality of life for the homeless, veterans, the elderly, and children.

Any thoughts / ideas?

Comments (12)