SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellybranford

Watering Newly Transplanted Sugar Maples

kellybranford
6 years ago

Hello,

I've posted on this board before, and have received some very helpful responses...so I am hoping to pick your brains once again :-).

We just recently located and reserved 10 2" caliper Fall Fiesta Sugar Maple trees for our property; the trees will be planted lining our driveway in October. Due to the size, and the # of trees, we are having our Landscaper plant the trees for us.

This specific cultivar was very difficult to find, and represents a pretty sizable monetary investment in the landscaping for the front of our home...so I'm trying to get as much information as possible to give them the best chance to survive and flourish for many years to come! In doing so, I'm trying to determine the best way to make sure the trees are adequately watered and fertilized.

In terms of watering the trees, I have found the following products so far, and was wondering if anyone has any experience with these products? Or is there something else you would recommend?

- Treegator bags

- Root Seeker / TreeIV watering system

- Rootwell

In terms of fertilizing the sugar maple trees, is there any specific product you would recommend? What about timing - This fall? Next spring? Not at all?

And now for some other information which may be helpful!

- We live along the Maryland/PA state line (zone 6B)

- We live in a rural area, and are on a well...which makes watering our plants a bit more challenging than when we were on municipal water.

Thank you for your help!

Kelly

Comments (12)