SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

Aging parents and life events got me thinking about this

3katz4me
6 years ago

People dying before their time. The same day I had the gathering to remember my brother, there was a funeral for a beautiful young woman I worked with who was killed in a tragic accident.

It's one thing to think about preparing for the loss of parents who may have had a good, long life but dealing with the premature death of beautiful, talented people whose lives were cut short is just heart wrenching in a different kind of way.

DH and I have been consumed by these situations and certainly left thinking a lot about our own lives and mortality and how devastated each of us would be to lose the other. It will be devastating at any stage of life but if it were to happen "prematurely" I can't imagine how I'd carry on. Maybe if it happens when I'm in my mid-80s or so I'll be better prepared for it but in my 60's - no.

And then I was thinking about the parents of this young woman - parents shouldn't outlive their children. My mother outlived her oldest son. I don't think she was ever the same after that.

Sorry so morbid but just a lot of that kind of thing going on right now.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida