SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
judiglass

Ordering cappucino cabinets - flooring/crown moulding question

Judi Glass
6 years ago

This is a picture of my current kitchen and family room area. They flow into each other. I currently have oak crown moulding throughout the house. The brick in the kitchen is being removed, but family room will keep brick fireplace. Planned on doing Cappuccino cabinets and a Cambria lighter quartz counter, but was thinking about the premium vinyl wood planks. Was planning on taking the wood look to front entryway and throughout back kitchen/family room and hallway leading to entryway. Only portion of house that would have light carpeting would be living/dining (doorway to kitchen, need transition between living room and hall/entryway)

Question #1: Can I do light warm wood flooring with wood cabinets?

Question #2 Should I get rid of the crown moulding in the back of the house (it is in all other rooms) that is dark oak? (too many woods???)

Question #3: If I did light tile in kitchen and then did darker wood plank in family room/hall/entryway, would that look okay? Transition?

I have someone measuring cabinets tomorrow, but will need to definitely pick the color, so if there are other options that might look better I would appreciate feedback (lighter cabinets?)

Thank you!

Comment (1)