SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dviolet1

Spreadsheets, Notebooks, Journals, Labels

dviolet1
6 years ago

It's still a mystery to me -- What ever are you tracking? Are there particular notes you're supposed keep about growing an AV?

Until now I've been content with just labeling a pot with name, reg # if any, origin like a store or grower, start and repot dates, That's all I thought was important to me.

So you got me thinking if I were to log more info, what it be and how would I do it? I came up with a way to photo journal a plant on my phone, and back it up to cloud for safe keeping. The text box is copied over as a template for each photo so it's not much typing to do.

I wasn't sure if this stuff is pertinent, whether I'd have patience for maintaining something like this, or it's just plain over the top. Though it does seem like an easy enough project to get started on when you can squeeze in the time. I usually photograph each of my new plants anyway. Kind of like starting a baby book of sorts for the kids. Or keeping a digital brag book. (Oh look, she's been growing like a weed. And see how I raised her from a wee little sprig. My baby has really grown and blossomed.)

(Is this how the hardcore growers start thinking?!)

Would you mind sharing what you are or feel you should be tracking? Not because show rules say you have to, rather because you want to. Also uploading a pic or two of your spreadsheet, journal or form would help. Thanks in advance to everyone who takes time to share.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Designing Beautiful, Sustainable Homes in Columbus