SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erik_olinger

Guava, apples, passion flower more fruit?

Erik Olinger
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello, I live in zone 8b or 9 and it will not frost till Dec. 1st. I am imitating sub tropical conditions in a greenhouse, although before winter I am going to move all my cold liking plants outside the greenhouse and all my warm plants inside. I just bought some new plants so I don't know the age of the plants, but my question is I have a Mexican Pear White Guava with a couple of green fruits on it. I believe it to be self fertile, but it was around other guavas for months but not anymore. The label says that one harvests the fruits in Fall. Will it start growing more than the two fruits that are on it, I mean it is 8 feet tall and two fruits doesn't seem like a substantial harvest for a full years worth of growth and harvesting.

Also I have one red delicious apple that I bought with fruits on it, and I bought another taller one from elsewhere that has no fruits on it. Without knowing the maturity of the tree (the one Red Delicious that isn't bearing fruit at the moment), assuming that it is old enough to bear can it still fruit this season?

I have a Granny Smith that has three apples on it (with fully white seeds still). Do you think it could bear more fruit this season?

I have a Red Fuji of unknown age with no fruit on it. Is it possible to bear anything still this season?

I have a large passiflora edulis of age but with no fruit. Label says it bears till frost. Do you think it will start growing fruit? Says self fertile.

I also have two p. incarnata's less than a year old grown from seeds presumably from the same fruit. They are self pollinating (or self fruitful can't remember) but self incompatible (doesn't sound right though). Can they bear this year? One of the incarnata vines is three feet tall but less than a year old.

Thank you!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!