SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nofriday

Miele Combi Steam Oven - XL vs XXL (and layout advice)

Hi folks!

I posted a few weeks ago to get advice on [kitchen layout[(https://www.houzz.com/discussions/feedback-on-galley-island-kitchen-design-and-appliances-miele-etc-dsvw-vd~4753675) and appliances - the advice was great and we are getting closer to finalizing the floor plan and appliances.

Based on my own research, and advice from GW and appliance store, I am going primarily with Miele (M Series, Contour Line) appliances for CO, CSO, warming drawer, dishwasher, microwave and Sub-Zero for refrigerator.

I thought I had settled on the Miele DGC 6765 XXL plumbed CSO (Contour Line) to pair with the Miele H 6780 BP Convection Oven. However, I recently learned that the XXL does not have a matching 30" trim kit to fit in a vertical 30" stacked arrangement. However, the Miele DGC 6705-1 XL plumbed CSO does have a matching trim kit.

There was a similar post on this earlier this year, with some hint that a trim kit for the XXL was forthcoming, but I couldn't find anything to corroborate this. I am going to inquire with Miele, but wanted to see if GW folks had any insight or advice?

I've posted elevations and floorplan of kitchen below. It seems my best options are:

1. Stick with the current XXL plan, and trim the 24" CSO with cabinet.
  2. Stick with the current XXL plan, and hope Miele comes out with a trim kit to match the XXL. Construction starts in September, and it will be a few months before this will be installed.
  3. Downsize the XXL to the XL and keep current layout
  4. Downsize the XXL to the XL, and re-stack the flow so that it's CO, Warming Drawer, XL CSO. (I didn't do this with XXL because I thought it would be too tall.)
  5. Keep the XXL, but swap placement of the CSO with the microwave. It seems the microwave I have chosen (Miele M 6160 TC) is identical in size to the XL CSO and uses the same trim kit.
  6. Keep the XXL, swap with microwave, but also re-stack and re-stack the flow so that it's CO, Warming Drawer, Microwave.

I don't love #1. #2 would probably be ideal, but want confirmation this would be option. #3 and #4 seem OK but I kinda like the bigger oven idea. #5 and #6 are acceptable alternatives to me if #2 doesn't work out.

Any thoughts/advice? Thanks!

Here are the elevations and floor plans.

Galley wall (east):

(I intended to swap placement of steam oven and wall oven in this.)

Kitchen Island (West)

The floorplan, which is a little out-of-date (particularly the island, where I have moved the M/W to the far right) but to give you a sense of overall look/feel.

Thanks!

-joe

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio