SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sher_nc

Feedback on plan - 1st timer

sher_nc
6 years ago

Hi! I'm familiar with the Kitchens forum because of a renovation we did on our current home 8 yrs ago and it helped me tremendously! This time we are building new construction and our family has grown significantly. I posted my kitchen plans there but several people recommended I start here. (Great suggestion because I didn't even realize this forum existed :) The cost of land has increased drastically in our neighborhood so we are planning to rebuild on our current .49 acre lot.

- 4 kids (ages 3-10), 2 adults

- I cook ALOT so the kitchen is very important (& where we spend most of our time)

- A nice master suite is 2nd after the kitchen

- My husband works from home often so a separate/private office space is mandatory (room above the garage in the plans). Right now our house is just too loud to even consider having it anywhere else.

This is our first round of plans and we already see a few things we'd like to change. Like the 1st floor powder room location and the master closet that backs up to the kitchen on the 1st floor. Actually, we're thinking we need to reconfigure the entire master bathroom so both closets are there. On the 2nd floor I'm not a fan of the Jack & Jill bathroom layout and the bedroom 3 bathroom needs 2 vanities. We'll also probably just move the hall bath into bedroom 2.

Thank you for any suggestions!

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!