SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lwpatt

AZ side yard broken concrete basketball court: Remove? Replace with?

lwpatt
6 years ago

The very large pie shaped backyard (15,000 sf walled in) needs some updating, and is quite drab, but the main issue is with the half basketball court with broken concrete in the side yard between the garage and driveway. I am planning on listing the house for sale and the Realtor highly suggests I remove the broken concrete, but I do not know what to put in place of the basketball court and I do not want to spend a lot of money. I also would like to leave the area clear beside the garage and RV gates in case the new owner has jet skis, a trailer, or something else needs to be placed there. I have received estimates of $800 - $1,500 to remove the concrete court. There is rock in that area nearby, but I would need to buy more, so I will consider anything else around the same price or a little more to add some draw to the yard (so, unfortunately and outdoor kitchen is out of the question, but perhaps some hardscaping would be fine). The second issue is that the yard looks drab, so I also need some plantings or something to brighten up the area (near where the birds of paradise are planted by the pool) between those two palm trees and the wall (I am planning to repaint) - the dining room looks directly to this area. I am also removing the pet fence separating the yards. Please keep in mind that anything that goes in needs to be drought resistant and not shed leaves/flowers. Any ideas will be welcomed and appreciated.

Comments (8)