SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
forever_now

Anyone Use an Ikea Domsjo Single Basin Farmhouse Sink in an Island?

Forever Now
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I'm looking for pictures of this sink in an island. Preferably dropped in as it's intended. I'm curious if it would look awkward, the only pictures I've seen is in a standard wall counter top and it goes all the way to the back of the wall. We're building the island ourselves and having a wood countertop. Originally I wanted an undermounted sink, but that would be hard for us to do ourselves. My DH is willing to do it if I want but we would have to either hire someone in to cut the sink cutout as he doesn't have the right tool to get it exact, or take the whole countertop to a friend who does have the right kind of saw. Between the extra effort/cost and my concern about wood and water anyway we decided drop in would be best.

Though I originally said I wasn't going to put a farmhouse sink in my island, because it needed it to be on the smaller side and towards the outside edge. I didn't think it would look as good if it wasn't centered but seeing the Domsjo is fairly small and is meant to be dropped in, I'm considering it. Just curious how it would look as a drop in on an island and can't find pictures anywhere.

Comments (15)