SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hduns

Kitchen Remodel - concrete counters? steam oven? coffee? baby locks?

Heather N
6 years ago

Hi - we just purchased a new home and are in the process of remodeling the kitchen. A few questions for the community:

1) Experience with concrete countertops? We are deciding between marble and a white concrete color. I love the look of marble, but I think the maintenance will drive me crazy. Does concrete have the same issues when properly sealed? I'm OK with a patina developing, but not rings from red wine glasses.

2) Our appliance guy told us to look at steam convection ovens. Does anyone have one and what are your thoughts? This would replace a second full-size oven. . .would you rather have a second full-size oven, or a slightly smaller steam convection oven? I wanted to attend a demonstration, but the next session is booked and I need to make a decision soon.

3) There is a nice (although a bit dated) Miele built-in coffee machine in the current kitchen. We are wondering how much people actually use built-in coffee machines? My husband doesn't drink coffee. I drink one cup of iced coffee in the morning and that's about it. I'm thinking we should take it out and use the space for storage instead, but does anyone LOVE their built-in coffee maker?

4) Has anyone found any way to babyproof inset kitchen cabinets?

Thanks!

Comments (13)