SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
locaiz

FULL kitchen remodel... would love some advice!

locaiz
12 years ago

I am new to the forum, but have read a lot of really helpful information and am hoping you can help me with my remodel. We had a ton of damage this winter from ice dams and our kitchen is currently torn apart, and since I was planning to redo the kitchen at some point, I figure now is the time. I have been doing some research and want to do this right, but am trying to also get it done quickly because its already all opened up. However, I obviously dont want to rush and make the wrong choices.

I have a fairly good idea of what I want right now:

- Refrigerator - Miele Built-in with custom panels (could potentially go with a cabinet depth fridge to save a few thousand, but am worried that it wont look as good and I will regret it later)

- Double wall oven - Miele

- Refrigerator Drawers in Island - GE Monogram (Sub zero also a possibility, but twice the price and consumer reports rates GE better)

- Warming Drawer - Miele

- Dishwasher - Miele or Bosch

- Microwave - either the GE 31 with trim kit in the island, or a regular microwave that I can put in the appliance pantry for easy access (leaning towards the later to save money and space)

- Range top - this is the biggest question for me. I want a 36" 6 burner gas range top (propane). I am trying to decide between Thermador, Electrolux, and GE Monogram (but am open to anything)

At this point, this all prices at well over $20k. I really want to make the right choices so that whatever I get will last for a while, but I also want to save $ where I can. Any advice on my choices would be greatly appreciated (especially the range top). And if there is something that looks like a complete waste of money, please tell me. This is my first kitchen remodel and if I am spending this much, I really don't want to have any regrets.

Thanks!!

Comments (13)