SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heather_maxwellhall78

Ugh, what to do about the linoleum?

Ok, remodeling/home-owning newb here. I'm about to move into my first home in 2 weeks and the foyer, kitchen and laundry room are covered in gray linoleum that I definitely want to replace eventually but I'm not sure:

a) What should I replace it with--hardwood, engineered wood, or...? The living room next to the foyer has bamboo hardwood floors which I don't necessarily want to spread throughout the foyer and kitchen (the tone of the wood is too light for my taste), but I know that might make the most sense for flow/consistency? Is it ok to have diff woods side by side?

b) How much does it (ballpark) cost to rip out old linoleum and replace it with various types of new flooring? What kind of cost am I looking at?

I'm attaching pics of the previous owners set up and décor, which we plan to update completely and bring it out of the 90s and into the 21st century. I have the measurements in order to eventually calculate the exact cost, but I'm hoping for a general idea of possible costs.

I'm feeling a little worried and intimidated about the prospect of updating the floors. Any hope/and or flooring tips out there? This newb needs a little help!

Thank you!

Heather

Comments (9)