SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
niladri_banerjee92

Spider mites on rose plant

Niladri Banerjee
6 years ago

Hi,

I just found out that my 3-year old potted rose plant is under attack from spider mites. I am in the east midlands region in UK and the plant stayed outside. It suffered one such episode 2 years back and almost died. But it managed to survive and following advice from this forum, I transferred it to a larger pot. It produced nearly 70-80 flowers with occasional attack from rose aphids in the last few months. I used an insecticide which is probably why the mites are back.

On a closer look today, I found several leaves with the silk threads and 30% leaves looking weak. I cut quite a few of the infected leaves and sprayed with diluted eucalyptus oil. Could you please suggest some remedy? I was once suggested to put the whole plant upside down in water for a couple of hours. It is now fairly big and I am not sure how to dip the whole plant in water, but if it is effective, I can find a way out. I took a photo just now, to give you and idea of its size (about 18 inches from the base of the pot).

Many thanks,

Niladri.

Comments (7)