SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissacovell

I don't remember Christmas cactus looking like this… Do you?

melissacovell
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello everyone,

I had a Christmas cactus cutting from my mother-in-law that turns into a very good and healthy plant.

I received some more cuttings on Saturday because I was starting a new plant from the last stems of this very old cactus and the leaves are not green. The colors seems to be yellow to purplish but there are a very small amount of green segments. From what I could tell it looked like the green segments were growing separately and looked to be completely green. So I did not see any green segments growing off of be discolored stems.

Another issue I could use some help with is the cuttings on some of these that were propagated are very long and the stem becomes woody as it gets longer which I did not have before.

I was just was curious if somebody could help confirm that these cuttings are indeed okay and if anyone had advice or experience with planting these cuttings. I would be very grateful.

If these cuttings are sickly, would anyone happen to know if there is still a possibility to propagate one or two stems?

Like I said, I never had a problem with this plant but something doesn't look right and if I could get some help figuring out what that is (or maybe could be nothing at all) it would be a huge help.

Here are the photos I have taken of this plant. If for some reason anyone wants me to take another photo just let me know and I will be happy to do .

Thank you in advance for any help!

Melissa

4:46pm

I came back to edit that I did actually receive a green stem but only one and I will post a photo of that now.

Comments (8)

Sponsored