SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mmcgee2

Luminette Sheers - recommendation?

mmcgee2
6 years ago

We've got a '60s house with large, long windows, one with a sliding patio door. I like the look of ceiling mounted drapery for the room and want some UV protection for wood furniture and paintings, but don't want to have them drawn all the time since we have a pretty shaded and private backyard so the room isn't super bright. So, these seem like ones I could leave drawn but with the vanes rotated to make them sheers a lot of the time, giving some UV protection but not blocking out the view to outside entirely or feeling like a weird shut in. (DH wants automatic shades for UV protection, with smart home, sun detecting tech, etc, which I think would look a bit out of place and not be as effective at reducing echoing in a big room with lots of windows).

Anyhow, has anyone used the Luminettes? Did you like them? Or did, even with the fabric, they end up feeling like vertical shades at the dentist's office? And, given they cost a small fortune, did they last? I'm thinking of appeasing the desire for smart shades with getting the motorized, remote control mechanism but those suckers are, like, $300 each so I'll be furious if they break easily.

Comments (2)