SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
harry_wild

Swapping out white slab doors for new contemporary style doors

harry_wild
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I am re-decorating and I have 1970s plain white slab hollow interior doors with no detail on them. Three are bedroom doors, one closet door, one laundry door. I will be replacing the "slab" only not the entire prehung door with frame!

Talked with several door sales guys, and they seem to have mix opinions as to what is contemporary. The high end door guy said contemporay doors are translucent glass panels. Home improvement door guy said 10-panel door, another said just what I have plain slab door. What is the trend now?

What is the current tend in contemporary door styles in white? or should I get a different color to contrast it now like black, desert sand or another color? Baseboard and door trims are all white.

Should I go with solid core or stay with hollow core doors? I will have someone else install them so the weight is not a factor. Which is more contemporary and brings more prestige when you sell the home?

I have all brass door hardware. My entire house is in brass hardware. Baldwin brand. I know it now in style in the U.S. But it big in Mideast and some parts of the Far East countries.

What is the trend in interior hardware? Still the bronze antique or is there a new color?

Thanks for any feedback!

Comments (7)