SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mkmcmom

Suggestions needed for style & color of fabric for window coverings

mkmcmom
6 years ago

I am having fun coordinating our dining area - sunshine will be in abundance - there are two glass doors facing each other with the thin white blinds sandwiched between the two panes of glass. I am debating the color of the window coverings for the seven windows - they will be thermal to keep tmp low in our hot GA summer weather. I do know I do not want blinds - have cared for them for years!

Our antique wood pub table has dark wood around top edges - probably 4". Inlaid larger lighter rectangle blocks (not quite golden) fill the remaining area with each block framed with the same darker wood like the edge. This top is covered only when eating is the activity.

The handsome parsons chairs are black fabric with either dark white or pale ivory for the trellis pattern. Quite off to the side is a beautiful Dutch server made from the lighter wood used for the table top. The wooden floors mimic the colors of the pub table.

This large room allows the dining area to be quite separate from the kitchen. Both areas have pale gray walls. The island is in the middle of the kitchen. Smokey blue paint was selected for our big island with beautiful heavy granite veins of shades of gray and black; and tiny specks much like the smokey blue paint The back splash designed by my daughter has repeated large patterns of smokey blue, gray and pale cream. Lower cupboards are smoky blue with pale cream for the upper ones. None of these kitchen colors are near the dining area - so, I doubt there's a need to think of them when choosing dining areas colors. But - certainly don't want to clash. Aha - now I think they should coordinate - creates an opening to continue chosen color into kitchen... (I should think first, type second).

I am open to any suggestions for the window covering - I like fabric: Roman shades, roller shades, etc.

What ever fabric color is chosen I will coordinate with place mats, napkins; and decorative items for the Dutch server. As a last thought I am looking at solid pale gray rugs under the table.

I am open to any suggestions - I hope I didn't steal too much time from anyone's day. Too much detail?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH