SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Random people are using our basketball hoop...WWYD?

Sueb20
6 years ago

At our beach house, we have a basketball hoop in the driveway. It's a bit of an odd setup, because we have 2 garages and 2 driveways. One driveway/garage is attached to the house and is in front of the house. We are on a corner lot, and the other garage is detached, large, and the driveway is on the side street. So, it's further from the house, but it is VERY obviously part of the same property. (And we aren't talking acres of land here. It's a small beach community.)

We don't live there full time, and sometimes many weeks go by between our visits there, even at this time of year. Sometimes we find evidence that people must have been using the hoop. For example, last weekend we arrived to find that someone had adjusted the hoop to make it lower. So obviously young kids (or short adults) were using it. Or something just adjusted it to be funny, I don't know. We also had an issue last year when someone we knew (but not well -- we aren't friends) was letting his kids use the hoop both when we weren't there, and when we were! I had a few times when I was in the house and suddenly heard a bouncing ball in the driveway...looked out to find a group of kids playing. I finally had a talk with the kids (they were HS age) and said I didn't want to be liable if someone got hurt, so please don't use the hoop. (BTW, one of the kids was hanging from the hoop, the ball was bouncing into the garden, etc...). Another time there was a big group kids, AND their dads, using the hoop (while I was in the house) and half of them were sprawled out on the grass like it was a public park. I went out and said, "Uh, hellooo...." And they were like, "Oh, we didn't know you were here!" As if it would be totally fine if I wasn't home.

(BTW we don't leave a basketball out, so these people are obviously planning ahead and bringing their own. It's not like they're just walking by and deciding to shoot a few hoops.)

Agh. So, first of all, what would you do? Just let it be used and be super chill about the whole thing? Or would you be annoyed too? And assuming you're in the annoyed camp, what would you do?

I thought about making some kind of sign that "cheerfully" states that the driveway and hoop are private property. But how do I create a sign that would hold up to the weather (moisture, wind, etc)? And what's the best (briefest) way to word it?

Oh, and just to be clear, this is an in-ground basketball hoop that costs several hundred dollars, not a toy hoop.

Signed,

Cranky in New England

Comments (91)

• OllieJane
    6 years ago

Having a teenage basketball player-we have a very nice basketball goal setup at our house. I wouldn't want people on our property playing on our hoop either. Boys like to jump up and grab the hoop trying to dunk and is a lot of wear and tear. Ours is kind of made for that kind of abuse and gets enough from my son's friends, but I would still not be happy someone using it without us being home.

I think a private property sign posted while you are away is good idea. See if it works.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Sorry to be MIA...internet problems!

A few answers to questions: It was my DS' bday gift one year and yes, he does use it, so we are not getting rid of it. My DD and DH use it sometimes too. Hmmm...I do not think we will buy a car to park there!

So, in this case, "beach community" doesn't necessarily mean close-knit, friendly neighborhood. Other than one family -- the one I had spoken to previously -- I have no idea who is using the hoop/driveway when we're not there. Our immediate neighbors are mostly senior citizens...it's not them. I suspect it's people who are renting houses nearby for vacation.

I can't ask the kids to do anything because most of the time (other than a couple isolated instances when I was there), I am not there, and I have no idea who's using the hoop. The only time I knew who it was -- this was last summer -- I talked to both the kids and the dad (in a friendly way!) and they stopped (as far as I know!). Those kids aren't even around this summer, so I know it's not them. This summer, I haven't SEEN anyone use the hoop -- just could tell someone had, since they had adjusted it.

There are no small kids who live in our immediate neighborhood full time. Most are either part-timers, owners who rent to vacationers, or senior citizens. There are no kids running from one yard to another. We have an unusually large yard for the area, so people are drawn to it, I guess.

If it was a close neighborhood and I knew who the kids were, I might feel differently. These are random people.

• Related Discussions

Looking for basketball banquet centerpiece ideas

Q

Comments (9)
    Are you doing this for boys or girls?? What's the team mascot - maybe that could be used in some way. I'm in charge of our boys basketball team banquet also - and being it's for boys - they don't care about the foo-foo. We are doing a couple of groupings of balloons for the head tables (coaches) and for the individual tables we're just using some of the shredded paper used for baskets in our school colors (red, white and black). I found some basketball "eggs" at Big Lots (8 for $1) and I'm going to fill those with candy and just have them nestled in the shredded paper. Also found some Hershey Kisses with black and red wrapping and will scatter those along with the red and white Starlight mints and Big Red packs of gum. I also found some Japanese lanterns at our Party America store in orange ($1.29 ea). I'm going to see what I can do with some black ribbon to make the circles to make them look like basketballs. Our school mascot is a Roughrider - so we do a lot of stuff with the cowboy theme. I had found an old pair of boots at the thrift store and spray painted them red and stenciled RR on the boot like a brand - and I think I'll use those for the balloon weights. Hope this helps a little.
    ...See More

Random Thoughts

Q

Comments (58)
    I'm having a good time reading this, although I am sorry for all of you going through hard times. I am still chuckling at the "how's your dad" comment. I;d have been snorting through the entire funeral. I am famous for getting incurable giggles and passing them along to others. Let's see. Random thoughts. I am working on my taxes. I just added up all my medical expenses for a year. Wowza, it's a lot -- and I am healthy! Biggest cost is Medicare Supplemental. I hope I get a big check from the gov't. If I don't soon stop spending the entire day sitting on the sofa, one day I will not be able to get up. Why is it so hard to exercise? My brain is rotting, too. My brother can be a jerk. I hate our Commissioner. I hate the people who live across the street from me. I have to call the police to complain about a car they parked in their front yard. Idiots. I better hurry up and finish Season Two of Breaking Bad so I can return the DVD to the library. I also need a good book to read. I better get to TJ Maxx and return some stuff soon. I wonder if I can squeak another week out of this haircut? I am hooked on playing Qwizshow on Facebook. My mother is 95. I think she is going to live forever. She can run circles around me. I need a new mattress badly. I dread shopping for one. I need some new bras, too. Everything in my life is sagging!! That's it for now.
    ...See More

To Basketball Court or Not to Basketball Court..That is the question?

Q

Comments (17)
    Thanks for your comments TG, KMichaelson and Samarnn! Looks like I won this battle for a change of pace... Samarnn - I know how you feel about liking to see kids playing. I accidentally forgot to have kids, but I love to hear them playing and having fun and I don’t complain like those crotchety old folks... I’m going to pressure wash the court real nice and maybe paint it for all those activities TG mentioned....if I have time of course - I’ve spent three days already using a fabric softener solution to remove the layers and layers of wallpaper off the walls of almost every room in the house and I’m only on the 2nd one...wish me luck and have a nice week everyone!
    ...See More

What do you re-use that you think most people do not?

Q

Comments (143)
    I save all plastic bags and give them to my sister to crochet mats for the homeless. She can use any that's he can cut loops out of including toilet paper ones if you open the ends instead of tearing down the side. I takes 5 or 600 bags to make one mat. she can also use dry cleaning bags, .like I said it would be any cylindrical bags. The mats are 6 ft long and 2 1/2 feet wide and have a carrying handle and loops to hold them together when they carry them. I save bread bags. I use those for all kinds of things. I guess o got that from my DM. I have just started using worn out socks for rags. My DH goes through socks fast. I use single slippers for on my Swiffer. I saved the bottom part of my old litter box and cleaned it up really good and use that for soaking clothes in OXy CLean. I also save twisty ties. I have some of those nut jars too. Mine had fruit in them at the restaurants I cooked at. Here is the big one. I save almost all of the glass jars that I get. I use them for canning. If they have the rubber inside of the lid they work. I like the small ones, so if I want to give something to somebody They don't have to return the jar. I always make pickled beets and give some away. I boil the lids just like I would Kerr or Ball lids and fill the jars and screw them on tight. I had one jar that wouldn't work once because the lid wouldn't tighten. It just kept turning. I just made sure I used that one first. then I threw it away. I also put other things in them
    ...See More
  • jellytoast
    6 years ago

I don't think you can do anything about it when you aren't there without taking down the hoop or fencing the area. If you put up a sign, how would you know if it works?

• pudgeder
    6 years ago

If nothing else, I would at least put up a sign that says, "private property." Might not fully cover you but it's an effort.

• maddielee
    6 years ago

Agreed, put up a sign.

I bet it's not being used that often by vacationers, unless it's common to travel with a basketball more then I know. :)

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    6 years ago

All good points. I will put up a "private property" sign when we are there this weekend and see what -- if anything -- happens. DS is bringing a bunch of friends down this weekend so the hoop will be used a lot!

• 4kids4us
    6 years ago

Maddie, we bring a basketball with us when we go down to the beach b/c there is a park with basketball hoops. We actually left one in the shed this time we were there, but for renters, it wouldn't surprise me if they were bringing basketballs w/them since many/most rent homes year after year and know that there are several parks with hoops. My kids almost always bring a variety of sports stuff if we are driving to our vacation destination (basketball, football, lacrosse sticks - we even purchased a small little portable goal that they bring onto the beach to play both lax and soccer). And from what I can tell, it's probably more common than you think as we see lots of kids playing various sports in our beach community.

• 4boys2
    6 years ago

Can you get a removable hoop ? I don't know the laws where you live ...but just by putting up a sign next to my pool will not release me from liability if someone were to drown.( required fence)As others have said your hoop might fall under"attractive nuisance" doctrine.

• User
    6 years ago

While I totally get and understand the liability aspect, I just think it's sad that we as a society have ended up in a place where it has become such a serious concern. I know I worry about it when we have workers on the property.

• jellytoast
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

"While I totally get and understand the liability aspect, I just think it's sad that we as a society have ended up in a place where it has become such a serious concern."

I broke a bone playing sports and had to make a trip to the emergency room and later have surgery. Both were covered by my health insurance. Soon afterwards, I received a letter from them saying that they needed to find out whether the care I received was someone else's responsibility. So I had to fill out and sign a form which included a space to fill out if I was injured on someone else's property.

I'm not the type of person who would sue someone for an accident, but apparently my insurance company is. I guess they don't want the expense of paying for my treatment if they can make someone else pay.

Point is, a person hurt on your property might not come after you for damages, but their insurance company will.

• Olychick
    6 years ago

Ok, nix on the car, lol. How about a sign that reads, "Basketball hoop rental, $25 an hour!"

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    6 years ago

I may be too idealistically principled for my own good but I wouldn't give in for a micro second to entitled trespassers even if it cost me a fence.

• bpath
    6 years ago

Maybe you just need to get a fence the quicky kind you just stick into the ground, and put it across that driveway when you're not there. I'd say a roll of barbed wire but you have to handle it when you come and go, so just go for the fence. Since it's not a permanent installation there shouldn't be any code prohibiting it.

• User
    6 years ago

Very good point Jellytoast, I was talking in generalities, but hadn't really thought about the insurance companies when I posted.

• 4kids4us
    6 years ago

Jelly, that's interesting. Three of my kids have had ER visits due to broken bones. One broke her arm after falling off a swing in my neighbor's yard (the others both involved soccer, once in our yard and once in a game). Earlier this year, my daughter had a rusty nail go right through the sole of her sneaker and impaled her foot while she was playing outside. Another ER visit to have it removed. In none of those cases did our insurance company even ask how or where the injuries occur. It would never dawn on me that if a kid hurt himself while playing at my house that their insurance might come after mine. I wonder how this works if someone is on your property without permission.

• 1929Spanish-GW
    6 years ago

I grew up in a beach town in California - where good fences still make good neighbors. It's really the best way to keep people out.

• terezosa / terriks
    6 years ago

I've got an idea. How about buying some sort if round plastic container that you can stuff down into the hoop? Drill a couple if holes in it where it touches the rim and put a padlock on it. And a hole in the bottom for drainage.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I am going to have my son (he's not little, he's 21) take a look at it this weekend and see if he can figure out a simple way to make the hoop harder to use -- for all I know, there's a simple way to just remove the hoop. I haven't looked at it that closely! Thanks, everyone!

• jellytoast
    6 years ago

4kids4us, I was quite surprised to get the letter from my insurance company. I had no idea things worked that way regarding liability for injuries. I figured I pay my insurance premiums, they pay if I get hurt. I knew that workers comp would be liable for work related injuries, but I didn't know they go after private parties. I would be horrified if I hurt myself at a friend or relatives house, received treatment, and then my insurance company went after them for damages! In reading more about it online, I see it is a common practice and stipulated in health insurance policy small print.

• Embothrium
    6 years ago

Insurance companies have rooms full of employees working all day to figure out ways for them to not pay claims. The purpose of going into the insurance business is to make piles of money, and not to help people. It was being reported some years ago that insurance companies had by then accumulated more money than banks.

Property being discussed should be gated and fenced. If there are people that come around who think they own the hoop* there are people coming onto the property for other reasons. Children trespass and help themselves because they are children and not fully aware, certain teens and adults do it (or support it, in the case of aforementioned parents) because they are bullies or otherwise antisocial. (If you want to see how much fundamentally socio-pathic ("entitled") behavior goes on just look for and read any of the past Garden Web threads about conflicts with neighbors).

In addition to insurance companies interested in protecting their profits by avoiding payment of claims there are attorneys that talk clients into suing. If somebody comes onto a place looking for something to steal and a dog mauls them or the occupant shoots them they can sue for the injuries. Fortify your beach property so that likelihood of somebody hanging out on it when you are not there is minimized.

*Changing the height setting and leaving it that way = "this is mine" or at the very least "I got it the way I wanted it while I was using it and that is all I care about"

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    6 years ago

Considering how litigious our society has become, I would not rule out being sued if a child is injured playing on your property, even if you aren't there. I can hear it now..."But they knew children were using their bball hoop and did nothing to discourage that dangerous situation."

• Embothrium
    6 years ago

Yep.

• jab60
    6 years ago

I think you should talk to your neighbors and see if you can find a place to put a basketball hoop somewhere in your neighborhood where everyone can use it. If you can get enough people it shouldn't cost too much. It's a shame the kids don't have a place to play. When there's a will there's a way. In addition I would put a no trespassing sign in your yard.

• just_terrilynn
    6 years ago

Since they are so rude and clueless I would be very worried about retaliation. I would especially be worried since the blockhead parents were condoning the whole thing. If it were me I would post the signs AND buy an inexpensive "mount" style basketball hoop for the neighborhood. Make a show of presenting the purchase as a neighborhood gift. Wait for a crowd if you must while stating they could choose another property for its home as a group. I realize this seems excessive but the goal is not to become a target as a part timer and keep good realations.

ETA: I didn't read all the replies before posting but it seems some others above were thinking the same.

• finn flanman
    6 years ago

Well, I read your thread the other day. Didn't really have anything to add.

And just today I was at a different site that has movie, tv, pop culture, books, etc

And what to I come across that got my attention, big time?

First, how long as this new incident been going on? You really don't know, right? Because this happened while you weren't staying at the beach house. And you said you know it is not the kids and adult neighbor family that did it before, the ones you spoke with.

Remember not that long ago they had that stupid fad where they were going crazy finding something, can't remember. But whole huge groups of people were all on the hunt for these stupid things... it was like the more you found the more you got bragging rights or something.

And then there was the equally stupid mannequin challenge, before that there was the one were you poured ice cold water over your your head for a good cause?

Well, the fad that is sweeping the country now is called Drive-By Dunk Challenge! I kid you not. Not only do the kids ride around with a basketball in the car at all times, whenever they see a new (to them, not previously dunked by them) hoop they run out of the car and go for the dunk...and it looks to me like one of those slam dunk things where they jump up and briefly hold the rim. Maybe that would have pulled your hoop down a bit? Anyway, they also have to film this, and then they post it. There is even a hashtag for this #DriveByDunkChallenge. It really is a quick run and slam dunk, they do not close the car door.

I think the main point of this thing is 1. to have fun 2. to look cool while you doing it 3. possibly getting the most drive by dunks

Anyway google #DriveByDunkChallenge and you'll see this being talked about in NY Magazine, USAToday, yahoo, msm, nbcsports, etc. You can also find it on youtube.

The piece about this says it is harmless and like all these fads it'll probably soon be on Ellen... at which it will fade away and die! ;)

Maybe this is it, maybe it's not. But this would save you a lot of headaches.

Good Luck and check it out. I'll come by to see your response.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Finn, that is unreal! I'll have to look it up. So funny that you saw that.

Those who have suggested setting up a neighborhood hoop...I won't get into all the reasons why, but that's just not feasible.

Thanks for all the suggestions and commiserating! Just glad to know I wasn't crazy for being annoyed.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    6 years ago

Look at the first video in this link - When Doing the Drive By Dunk Challenge Goes Wrong. https://www.google.com/search?q=Drive-By+Dunk+Challenge&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

• just_terrilynn
    6 years ago

What would be funny is a loud alarm going off if the rim was touched.

eta...unless it went to a security/police station and you were charged each time. Still, in a perfect world there would be a way to rig it to siren for a few minutes and then cut off.

• terezosa / terriks
    6 years ago

My3dogs, that wasn't the first link for me. Can you post the actual link?

• 4boys2
    6 years ago

• littlebug zone 5 Missouri
    6 years ago

Apparently you can buy something called a basketball rebounder that mounts inside your hoop. It is intended to help athletes practice their rebounding skills. In this particular rebounder (picture below), it looks as though the basketball is completely blocked from passing through the hoop. Could this be a possibility, if you mounted it on your hoop and then passed a bicycle cable/lock through it? (I found this on Amazon, by the way. Who knew?)

• arcy_gw
    6 years ago

I read this just after you posted yesterday. I was a bit shocked at your unwillingness to "share". You seem to be fearful someone is using something but you don't really KNOW when or how often or IF because they mostly have not damaged it or your property. No doubt it is your right to be annoyed, but sorry it comes off very small to me. They aren't using it when you are there!! How could this BOTHER you?? If the reason truly is liability--well sorry BB players getting hurt? Seriously? AND if they did, and they knew they were basically stealing from you would they truly try and pin it on YOU?? Not likely. The question confuses me. How do I keep from sharing w/o sounding like a crabby old witch--but I am... The rules sign is genius and fair fair. Perhaps all you need is a bucket and a "fee" chart with a claim of a security camera. That would deter most and let them know YOUR WISHES. Right now the bottom line is I don't think the users are aware they are unwelcome. Most people when told "not for public use" will abide. On further thought I think the issue is the placement. I know you think it is OBVIOUSLY on your private property...but if many people are using it and in the one case someone actually lowered it--well I just don't think they are aware it is YOURS and not public domain within your little closed community. There just aren't THAT many rude, in your face people in the world. Unless or until there is actual damage or you are personally annoyed by their being there you really have nothing but fear driving you. Perhaps a simple sign "The Henderson's" would clue people in? Communication is the key. People have no hope of meeting your expectations unless or until you make them known.

• bpath
    6 years ago

Arcy, you are talking about the original poster? People WERE using it when they were there, people WERE sprawled on the lawn, the ball DID bounce into the garden (and presumably someone had to go in after it), someone DID change the height of the hoop, and it's not a typical neighborhood where everyone lives and works all the time, there are a lot of short-term renters on vacation. If none of those things had happened I'd be inclined to not do anything about it. But they did.

The simplest thing is a pretty, removable fence, it can even be a low fence just 24" high, woth a sign on it sign saying The Hendersons or a name for the property. The fence can be one of those "stick it in the ground" types.

• PRO
    MDLN
    6 years ago

Random people are using our basketball hoop...WWYD?

1. Be happy my house may appear to be lived in, when I was not there, to burglars may be watching it.

2. Be happy neighbors are getting exercise to stay healthy and not engaging in other less desirable activities around my house.

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    6 years ago

I was thinking more along the lines of arcy and mdln - while admitting its not my house or weekend house.

I can give you my BILs take on it, where he welcomes the local kids. He would like to be a contributing part of the community even if he doesn't live there full time - supporting the community he enjoys so much when he does have weeks or weekends free. In an area of summer rentals and vacationers, the children using his basketball court and tennis court are the children of the people who do live there and own the grocery stores, gas stations, charter boats, gift shops, restaurants.

It can be very quiet there when not peak tourist season. Children/teens who are active, outdoors, busy, are happier kids in general and who doesn't benefit from giving them a bit of encouragement ;0) I know he doesn't lose sleep over the liability of teens playing tennis. Or basketball. Occasionally its adults....the last weekend I was there, 4 teachers from the local K-12 school were playing doubles tennis, left quietly after their game.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I think you're being a little hard on me, Arcy, although I did ask how people would feel and I guess you have let me know how you feel. I am not going to argue about it, but short of submitting an aerial shot and a plot plan, you'll have to take my word for it that the driveway and hoop are OBVIOUSLY private property.

Morz, your BIL sounds like a great guy. I wonder how he expresses his rules to the users of his court. Does he post a sign?

I knew I'd have a lot of differing viewpoints. Thanks everyone for your opinions and helpful hints. I have said enough, and thought the conversation was over a few posts up when I thanked everyone. Thanks again! Not going to say any more about this issue, which is admittedly a Very Minor Problem in the scheme of things.

• palimpsest
    6 years ago

As the saying goes, it's all in fun until someone gets hurt. From a sharing standpoint, it's all well and good to be a generous neighbor, but the first person who would resent not being able to use something that actually belongs to someone else is often the first person who would sue you if they got hurt using "your" basketball hoop. Suddenly it's not theirs anymore, it's all yours. It depends upon how litigious your area is.

• User
    6 years ago

Say, arcy, try putting yourself in the OP's shoes. For example, imagine that someone was switching the carefully positioned animals and wise men on your toilet-tank nativity set. How would that make you feel?

Sueb20 thanked User
  • HU-672867714
    5 years ago

You could try to lock the net up?!‍♂️

• artemis_ma
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

If nothing else, first get a "Private Property, No Trespassing" sign out there, pronto. Several if there are different angles of approach. Don't be sweet or cute about it, either. "Trespassers may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law" is acceptable verbiage.

Whether you intend to do that or not, if someone gets injured on your property, you've at the least served them due warning. (I have signs like that up, should people decide to hunt on my land without asking permission.) Doesn't mean they will actually stop, but you will have an added layer of protection from suits.

If you can take down the hoop somehow (or lock it as folk above suggest) when you aren't there, this may also help.

• bpath
    5 years ago

Hopefully they've handled the situation over the past TWO YEARS.

• artemis_ma
    5 years ago

I do keep looking at the initial dates... then suddenly when I forget because they've not been old dates for a while... wham! (LoL.)

Hopefully they have...

• eld6161
    5 years ago

Haha Bpath and artemis, Sue never got back on this one. It has come back to haunt us.

• HU-463727681
    5 years ago

I would like to know if you ever were able to keep them off the goal. In my neighborhood the neighborhood kids broke our backboard. I am assuming using a some kind of gun or rocks. The police stated without us knowing or rather have proof who has done this, there is nothing that can be done. I am furious. Now, my son, who is 10 and plays on three different teams, is not able to practice. He loves the game. I will be purchasing a new goal, installing cameras, post private property, and write Not permitted to be used unless you are given written permission from the owner of the basketball goal across the backboard.

Bottom line, if you are not given permission, you should not be on anyone's property. For some reason, these kids, feel they can do what they want, when they want. It is quite aggravating and very wrong, especially when you spoke to the parents in the neighborhood.

• HU-555980797
    2 years ago

I found these online bc I have the same issue with kids coming on my property. I'm looking for a diy idea so I don't have to spend additional $ for a solution, but I do like the rim locks.

• Allison0704
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I invested part of my Sunday morning reading this (new to me) thread. We need an update @Sueb20 ! FWIW, I would be irritated too. As Pal stated, some people are quick to sue. I've also had experience with an insurance company looking for the "responsible party."

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Ha! four year old thread. We didn’t really end up doing anything, and as far as I can tell, the hoop isn’t being used by anyone ”unauthorized” anymore. Our neighbor’s grandson will occasionally come by when he’s visiting and ASK to use it, and of course we say yes.

• Little Bug
    2 years ago

Thanks for coming back, Sueb! I was exasperated on your behalf and I’m glad the problem went away.

• Oakley
    2 years ago

Well gosh, I was going to suggest to somehow attach something rubber the size of the hoop where they wouldn't notice it until they made a "basket" and the ball flew away. :) Alas, this is an old topic. We still have our hoop and pole out back and it's bitter sweet to look at.