SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dan_pauly

Hydrostatic vs Manual vs Automatic Lawn mower transmission for slope.

Dan Pauly
6 years ago

Hydrostatic vs Manual vs Automatic Lawn mower transmission for slope.
My situation is a little different from some of the other questions related to a riding mower for hills. I have about 1/3 of an acre that is a 10 - 15 degree slope. The slope upwards continues well past the end of my property and gets steeper. Stated another way at the top of my property there is no flat spot or coming down the other side. My thinking is mow up the slope in forward and when I get to the top/end of my property change to reverse and back down the slope. This will mean I’m changing from forward travel to reverse on about a 12 degree angle. So the question is which transmission will work best/safest?
Overall I have about ¾ of an acre to mow, with 1/3 of it on the slope. Mowers I’m considering are the
Craftsman 42" 19 HP Briggs & Stratton Hydrostatic TurnTight® Riding Mower. Sears Description Item # 07120381000P Model # 20381
Craftsman 42" 19 HP Briggs & Stratton 6-Speed Gear TurnTight® Riding Mower. Sears Description Item # 07120380000P Model # 20380
Husqvarna Yta18542 18.5-Hp Automatic 42-in Riding Lawn Mower. Lowes Item # 755096 Model # 960450055
The two craftsmans have the B&S Platinum engines with oil pressure and filter.
The Husqvarna has the B&S Intek engine with oil pressure and filter.
Another hydrostatic mower I’m looking at is the Cub Cadet LT42 with the Kohler courage OHV engine, again oil pressure and filter.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions