SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boarderchik05

House plans

6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We are planning on building a house. Maybe I am just too picky but I can't find a single set of house plans that have everything I want. If someone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. We were thinking either a basement or a 1.5 story house. This will be our forever house and therefore my husband wants all the necessities on one level so he never has to go upstairs or down when we get old.

Here is what we absolutely want:

- a mud mud room that opens to the back yard and the garage. This would also be the laundry room and include a sink and room for my sewing desk

- a kitchen that is open to the dining room (I think these are called an eat in kitchen?)

- I do not want my kitchen to be visible from the living/family room. I do not want an open floor plan other than the kitchen/dining as explained above

- a large pantry (like 14x4)

- the bedrooms all together on one side of the house.

- a master bed/bath plus 2 other bedrooms on the main floor.

-a bar counter or long skinny island in the kitchen. I would prefer the bar as this is where my kids do things in the kitchen (homework, crafts, etc) to be near me but are not "in" the kitchen. This allows me to help them but still work on my kitchen stuff (canning, baking, dinner, etc)

- a large open kitchen with room to walk around and not bump into each other.

- I do not want any appliances (sink, oven, dishwasher, etc) in the center bar or island.

- a place for a old wooden cook stove

- a covered porch on the back for shade and eating outside

What would be nice:

- either a basement or a 1.5 Story house

- sink with window has view of back yard.

- a 4 foot wide stair way.

- a closed entry way that does not allow visitors a view of the inside of our house.

- kids bathroom that had a tub/shower and toilet Separated from the sink area. The sink area would have a linen closet or storage area in that part of the room.

- a living room that is approximately 14x20 or bigger

- bedrooms for the kids that are big enough to fit two bunk beds on each side with a ceiling fan in the middle.

- I would love a formal living room that would double as a library

things I do not need:

- a huge master bathroom

- a huge master closet

- a theatre room

- vaulted ceilings

Thanks for all your ideas!!

Comments (13)