SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gininmn

Help figuring out a design with fabrics & strips I have

gininmn
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Those of you who know me, know that I've been trying to get back to quilting projects. I've been mostly neglecting them for over six years. Done a few small items for gifts (wall hangings, placemats, hot pad holders, etc.) but just can't/don't get to ones for myself. I'm also not great at asking for help even though as a relatively inexperienced quilter, I could really use it. Back in 2009 or early 2010, I participated in a Quilting Angel exchange on another forum. One of the presents from my Angel was to be a wall-hanging I would make for which she would give me step-by-step directions. Got the first instructions which was basically the fabrics I needed and sizes to cut strips. Due to personal problems she encountered this never got any further. Her life and then mine went off track and we didn't reconnect. I think we both dropped off the forum (well, my computer also died around this time and I never got back).. I wonder if anyone here might give me ideas/suggests to help design something based on my own idea of what I wanted or envisioned based on the fabrics I selected. Don't know what my Angel had in mind and never will. I believe she was going to design as I/we went along but hadn't actually come up with specifics. If I were to show you my fabrics and share my general vision, would anyone be willing to offer ideas? Need to go down in my sewing room and dig out but thoughts I'd ask before doing so.

Comments (14)