SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elizbeth86

Need some help/suggestions for my side entrance

corndog
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Let me start by saying my yard is in bad shape. Due to a back injury I haven't been able to do much for the past 3 years. I'm just now getting back to where I can do some work.

Attached are some photos of the area I want to get started on and a plan of the overall landscape design that I put together 4 years ago. The plan has some ideas for types of plants but nothing is written in stone. I live is Southwest GA zone 8b. House faces west, so everything in this area gets full afternoon blading hot sun.

Before the back injury, I had all the beds laid out and pine strawed as the plan shows and was beginning to plant some trees. Prior to that, the yard had large pecans which had to be removed and over grown shrubs at the foundation which I had removed at same time. So basically the yard is a blank slate. I will use the same bed lines as I am able to get them back into shape unless someone here shows me something better.

i use this entrance to go and come from house. As you can see from the plan, the stepping stones end at a U shaped drive. I took the photos from the edge of the drive. To the right of the stepping stones is a Blaze Maple which died early summer, which will be removed soon. I will replant a Blaze Maple there since there is another at the other side of house.

i want to landscape the area around the foundation, stepping stones, Blaze Maple, and over to the side property line. I need to get something planted to give some privacy to the patio area.

Thank you for taking the time to look and offer your suggestions...all are appreciated.

Comments (12)