SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vertty

Thinking about Divorce

Vertty Smith
6 years ago

I made a fake profile as Vertty so I wouldn't have to reveal this situation to those here who know me.

I have been married for almost 21 years now. I am 6 years older than my husband and we waited 7 years before starting a family. Im 50 and have an 11 and 14 year old.

I have thought about divorce several times, we both have talked about it. Neither of us strong enough to do it I guess.

Yes we have been to councilors etc...

I'm just tired of being treated like a second class citizen.

He is very financially controlling.

He is very selfish with the money.

For example, last night I was asking him about some stock investments he made. Who it was through and what I was to do if he died suddenly...his 401k is also through this firm.

After the initial question he was his usua irritable self when it comes to me asking questions about money and assured me that Im the beneficiary and I would just need to provide a death certificate to get access to this and many other things I dont have access to ie passwords etc.

He is also very selfish sexually....all this is ridiculous to go over with people.

He is just selfish period. To that point that its made me selfish!

He has a degree and is the major financial provider.

Thats not the part that bothers me...its the part about breaking up our family.

I could literally throw up just thinking about causing this kind of pain and heartache to my children.

I think sometimes he isn't hiding anything as much as he just has to have this control.

Im tired if having to ask for a few bucks and watching him spend at will.

I just want to know if someone out there also wrestled with this, got out and everything was ok. I wany 1000 people to say "do it. it will be much better for your kids as it was mine"

Lastly I want to verify that this us strange...

My husband does not carry a wallet. Just puts licence, cc etc in his pocket. Then he leaves them on the counter at night. Ive noticed that for a very long time now he has been carrying three lotto slips (the kind that you fill fill in the circled number with pencil and then a machine reads them.

He has never played them....just carriesthem with him every single day.

I cant say how long he has had them but that I just one day thought....wow, thats weird. The edges on the folds are worn....thats how long.

I think they might be password numbers or some numbers he is trying to keep yet disguise.

Ive learned to not ask him about these things. That just gets him ti start telling me how crazy and paranoid I am. How I don't trust him etc.

Just saying....its weird right?

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!