SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeholornis

Need help fixing parents yard starting with this front bed

I don’t have much money (college kid) but I like gardening so I wanted to help them. I have some ideas of my own but figured there's a lot of people with experience on this board so I might as well ask.

Things to consider:

• Mom hates the sweet viburnum (back row) so she’s having me take them out/move them

• Pineapple guava (small tree in middle) stays, she just planted it a few months back.

• Area is full or partial sun, closer to full.

• Plants must be heat-tolerant and not too-demanding of water (drought tolerant once established), this is in Florida 9A

• Ideally they have silvery or variegated leaves; white or pink-tone flowers or blue

Current Idea:

My current idea is to take out the two "extra" dwarf yaupon hollies (small shrubs that look like boxwood) to the left of the pineapple guava. I then would plant two dwarf butterfly bushes (Buddleja Buzz Magenta Dwarf Butterfly bush, specifically) on each side of the pineapple guava. I am, however, open to suggestions.

Part of me thinks in general the yaupons should be moved away and not make a border like that, so we can plant gaura and it actually look good there but the neighboring bed is bordered by coontie in a similar way so maybe it's better like this, I don't know.

(neighboring bed is below)

(also yes I know the yaupon hollies are trimmed wrong.. I was away when my dad did that and he doesn't really care unfortunately).

Anyway thanks for reading and sorry that came out so long lol

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting