SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vaporvac

Will Ballerina like a Western exposure...

with 5-6 hours sun max or should I go with something else? I have a space about 8' wide x 4+' deep where I have been growing (2) Darcey Bussells. They clearly hate this space and I'm moving them to an all day sun exposure with some shade late in the day. My dilemma is what to plant in their place. I have many HMusks in pots for a North-facing wall and thought to use an "extra" for this space. Ballerina seems the best for its bloom colour and habit, but will it get too big and tall when grown as a bush?

It's on an upper level so I don't mind coddling it a bit for BS if it will thrive and flower otherwise. DB is naked and barely blooming so I prefer to avoid that again. Running along the back of this bed on the balustrades (which are about 3'-3.5' tall) is New Dawn.

My other choices are Belinda, Bubble Bath, Felicia, Lavender Lassie, Penelope, and even Sally Holmes, but I'd prefer to use them for the lower level where they can grow up a wall or get as big as they please. I also have Gruss an Aachen, but that may be too small.

Comments (18)