SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jojoco_gw

Wedding update...

jojoco
6 years ago

... and of course a question or two. :-)

We've got most things checked off our to-do list. Our wedding rings are here, invitations are being printed this week to be mailed at the end of July, we are close to settling on our vows, and have picked a reading for a close friend to do. We've even got our first dance song ( his choice, "you are the sunshine of my life") Still have to make arrangements for the classical violinist/cellist for the ceremony and cocktail hour, and there's that pesky issue of make up.

Now the question part: I picked up my dress today after the final fitting. The woman who does it is a seamstress and costume designer with a degree from FIT. Suffice it to say she knows her stuff. I asked her what jewelry I should wear and she had some ideas. None of which I own. (which basically means she vetoed pearls). She thought something simple to complement the V-neck but not take away from the ornate dress design. And small dangly earrings. I wear diamond studs 99% of the time. But I'm open to suggestions. You guys have been so helpful, if you have any suggestions, please send them my way.

As a refresher, here is the hair comb I'm going to wear and a close-up of the dress. The hair comb is silver, even though it skews gold a bit. But the pearls are ivory, not white my hair will be pulled to one side and loosely curled. It's about shoulder length .

As always, thank you all. <3

jo

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer