SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jojoco_gw

Wedding planning update

jojoco
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I hope you guys don't mind indulging me and weighing in on some of my possible choices..

As background, I will be getting married on October 14 in upstate New York. It will be an evening wedding at an old inn with approximately 100+/- guests. (50% at least are family). We have a fabulous eight piece cover band and It is definitely a dance-all-night kind of crowd.

So, with all your input in mind, I went dress shopping. Horrible experience. All the dresses in both mainstream wedding salons and posh, snobby ones, favor the curvy Kardashian look. I'm not a fan. Or churchy looking lace overlays. Or rhinestones. I finally said to one "where would you steer me if I described a long white down without a train and white beating?" She had me look through a book of dresses. To my horror, I realized they were all prom dresses. Lots of cutaways like the peek a boo covers of trashy romance novel. I felt mildly lechorous just looking through the pages. But then I realized I have a friend in the clothing industry who has impeccable taste and style. She is now looking for a dress for me. She seems to think she can get one for about $300. That's crazy compared to what I've seen, but I'm more than willing to look. She has a ton of contacts. I'm really grateful for her help.

i've also started looking at "save the date" ideas and centerpieces. Since it is a fall wedding in upstate New York, I'm leaning towards a fall theme. Here is an idea for the centerpieces with a slightly heavier hand with flowers.

And here is a candidate for the save the date card
sorry this post is so long, all suggestions gratefully appreciated!

jo

Comments (32)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus