SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ctremodel1

advice on proposed kitchen layout

Cee Arrh
6 years ago

I am remodeling and moving the kitchen to the back of the house to tie it into the living room, porch, and back of house. We explored quite a few options for the kitchen and this location was the best option. The dining room is through the foyer but visible from the room that will be the kitchen.

I’d like some input on the layout as this is my first kitchen remodel.

I live alone so primarily there is one cook. I like to entertain informally and my friends and family tend to gather in the kitchen so I definitely want some seating in the kitchen. I want an island but it doesn’t need to be huge. I don’t want sink or cooktop in the island if possible.
I see the kitchen used for cooking as well as hanging out. I have a separate dining room which will be used for larger gatherings and I also have a 3 season porch for more informal entertaining.

Entrance to mudroom and porch can be changed. I’d prefer not to change entrance from foyer and window size. I’d like to keep the exterior wall with just base cabinets.

I don’t want or need a baking center or snack center. A coffee center might be nice when I have guests but it’s not necessary.
I would like a pantry.

Appliances

• I’d love double wall ovens and a 36 inch cooktop but not sure I have space for it

• Standard dishwasher

• Microwave can be on a shelf

• Fridge – I’d love standard depth and we plan to recess into wall

• Ventilation hood

• 30 inch farm sink

Comments (20)