SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mmmmmarianka

kitchen reno/butlers pantry

mmmmmarianka
6 years ago

My husband and I purchased a home a year ago. We are renovating the existing house and expanding it to have a larger kitchen and family room.

We are spending a lot more on this construction than what we initially anticipated. But we are not planning on moving from here until the kids are in college. So we want to do this construction right for our family.

One of our most expensive parts is the kitchen. We decided on high end appliances and a really large l-shaped layout. I drew out the appliance/cabinet layout after sifting through hundreds of pictures on houzz/garden web/pintrest. With the cabinets and the appliances and quartzite countertops, we are way over the kitchen budget.

Between the kitchen and dining room we have a butlers pantry. The area is 6" wide. Last week i had out kitchen designer give us an estimate for the cabinets. he is saying it would cost $6800. Is this number crazy??

There are 2 base cabinets 36" each and 3 top cabinets. large in the middle and 2 smaller ones flanking it.

The kitchen cabinets are by Rutt which is high end, but I'm not sure if we want to spend nearly $7k on this small space.

Please help, Id love to get some opinions ( other than my husbands and my mothers..lol)

Comments (2)