SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
malorin83

Feedback and suggestions on kitchen/Butler Pantry/WIP/Mudroom?

malorin83
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hubby wants a walk-in pantry (or walk-through would be even better). He doesn't want to walk a mile from the garage to pantry.

Currently just the 2 of us, but will add 2 kids in future.

• I always dreamed of a Butler's pantry. (I have a lot of fancy dishes I don't want to keep in kitchen)
  • Hubby wants a walk-in pantry (or walk-through would be even better). He doesn't want to walk a mile from teh garage to pantry.
  • Need a bathroom that can service both my office (work from home) and the mudroom (for coming in from yardwork/shop) without either tracking halfway across the house. I get 2 mins to pee between calls. It can't be a mile away.
  • Need a smallish mudroom that will hold coats (min 4' closet) a slop sink, and a dog wash station (laundry will be upstairs with bedrooms).
  • Would prefer a side load garage if possible

I am struggling to get an efficient layout with the number of doorways required coming off the kitchen, and maximizing cabinetry.

Here is what we have currently. Welcome any suggestions to improve. Would ideally like to reduce house footprint by 100 sq ft, but ok to keep as is (around 2500 sq ft) if its the most efficient use of space.

Comments (11)