SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
johngaas

Any advice welcome, losing many plants

John G
6 years ago

Hello,

I've until recently had a very healthy garden. About 3 days ago, I noticed some leafs looking a bit droopy. The next day, I notice one plant was basically dead, and many others with droopy yellow brown leafs. I thought since it was so quick it had to be some sort of disease. I applied a bottle of Garden Safe Fungicide3.

After applying, I noticed a hornworm. I applied the same fungicide directly on it, came back 30 minutes later, and it was still happily eating away. So I was so glad to see this fungicide that specifically says it is useful on hornworms didn't phase him.

So I know if there is one, there are more. I have not found very many organic solutions. But I am also afraid I have some disease going around as many leafs don't appear bit, but are quickly going from healthy to yellow and brown.

I'd really appreciate any tips. I've attached some examples. Its killing me seeing these plants going from itsy bitsy to big and healthy to almost dead so quick.

I'm sorry for the messy pics. I'm sure it's not advisable but I have removed the plant supports for now so I can more easily just get on my back and slide between the rows to check for more hornworms. So the branches are a bit everywhere.

Thanks in advance for any help! Also I am in central Texas, so weather has been pretty stable. I water once a day. And I last fertilized about two weeks ago with the vigoro tomato and veggie garden mix. One one side of the tomatoes are bell pepper plants, and on the other are some hot pepper plants. I've pruned once most of the stems from the bottoms. I noticed I missed a few and they are yellow now.

Comments (32)