SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maurits_bos

Do you have some advice for a 28 year old?

Maurits Bos
6 years ago

Dear grandparents,

I'm 28 years old, so forgive me for intruding on your forum.

It's just that I am looking for some advice and I hope that you can help me out.

You see, I have started a company about a year ago to help people whom have trouble understanding computers. I had a whole plan of personal education plans, moving to the cloud, safety and scanning paper administration to digital files.

I know now, that this is not something that is necessarily wanted.

Let me go back just a bit further. I started this company, because I saw that my government wanted to completely digitize the tax administration and thought that there would be a problem there. I found out that 8% of the people haven't ever used the internet, and this doesn't account for the people that do use it, but don't really know how.

So basically, the use of the digital world is not balanced out and I want to help out to make this more equal.

The last 2 months I have been looking on what I should change in my company ideas and I have a few ideas:

- An online course where children can learn how to help their parents on this subject.

- An e-book (print is too expensive at first) based on colonizing America, which educates about computers.

Now I believe that a lot of courses don't teach the right stuff. They teach to use Windows or Office. I think this is too specific and the general understanding needs more attention.

I've looked at my own experience with learning about digital devices (pc's, tablets, smartphones) and made a framework to recognize digital processes like I do. Including how I learnt it.

But.

I need to know if this would even be interesting for you or someone you know and that is why i'm posting this.

So if you're willing to help a guy out, could you please tell me your view on this?

What would have been beneficial for you when you started learning about the digital world?

What have you missed or what did you really like? (in the process of learning about computers)

What are the current things you have trouble with? (with devices or internet)

If you know someone who doesn't use internet yet, what do you think could help them?

See it this way, if you can tell me where I can help out, I can make something that could be really useful to you. I just really need to know what that is.

Thank you very much for reading this.

Comments (3)

Sponsored