SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
piperett

Help with Fireplace and Furniture Placement- PICS

Amber
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hoping you guys can help me with this. Currently in our 2nd month of building. When I saw the fireplace framed up, a few days ago, I sort of panicked because after allowing for the walkway, I found that my couch would be fairly close to the fireplace (TV will be going above fireplace).

This is the original plan:

So we decided we may fair better moving the fireplace to the left wall. Talked to the framers and builder about it, but it hasn't been done yet so we haven't gone too far with it (yet). Hubs drew up the new arrangement with the fireplace centered to the room, but now it seems my couch will be almost in front of the fireplace when you allow for the walkway. See below.

Fireplace moved and centered with room:

We also talked about centering the fireplace to the WALL, not the room, and this is how that option looks. I don't know if this should even be an option?

Here is the living room looking from the kitchen. You'll see the fireplace framed on the right, and the wall directly ahead is where we are thinking of moving it.

So, here we are. These are our options. Any suggestions, comments, etc.? THANK YOU!

Comments (10)